Monday, October 7, 2013

Birthday Girl Banner!

Good Monday everyone. Today I wanted to share with you a "Happy Birthday" banner I made to sell at my booth earlier this year.  I made it for a girl, but kept it very general. I didn't want to do any themes because you never know what people are looking for.  I really like how it turned out.  In person you can really see all the different colors and patterns better and the sparkle from the glitter looks better too!

I used the Pretty Pennants cartridge for the banner shape.
The patterned paper is from an old Imaginisce glitter paper pad, so it all coordinates together.  I used a brown cardstock for my solid base

I used an EK success scalloped circle punch for the scalloped circles, then I used a 1.5" circle punch from Creative Memories for the inside circle.  The cupcakes are from a Stampin' Up stamp set, stamped on different colors of paper and then pieced together.  I added stickles to the cupcakes for some sparkle.

The letters were cut out of an old sizzix sidekick alphabet and layered on brown cardstock, and then covered with pink stickles.  I used some eyelets to strengthen the corners and then tied it together with some bakers twine.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you liked my project and come back to see more!
let me know what you think!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Well, I am finally back to posting again.  I am really bad at keeping up with posts.  I make and create things all the time, and take pictures of everything but then I forget to post it or I just can't find the time.  I love to look at what everybody else is doing and I get sidetracked, you all are so talented and I just love to check out what you are doing and get some inspiration. 

Today I am sharing my "SPOOKY" banner.  I actually sold this one so now I need to make another one for myself.  I really liked how it turned out.  You will have to tell me what you think!

Cartridges: Happy Hauntings and Paper Doll Dress Up
I used white glitter paper for the spider webs, all of the other paper is from my stash.
I used sparkly black, orange and purple tulle to tie it together
I shaded and distressed it with Stampin' Up black ink
The letters, bat and the ghosts on the ends were popped up with dimensionals
I hope you like it! Thank you for visiting my blog today, I hope you all have a great day!
Thank you for stopping by, taking a peek, and leaving a comment or two!