Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trinity's Turkey!

I have to share with you today a little project for my 2nd grader.  She brought home a paper with a picture of a turkey dinner on it.  We were supposed to sit down and decorate it together as a family and we had to think outside the box.  This is what we came up with, Trinity was so proud of her picture.

I let her use a lot of my craft supplies, which she was very excited about since I don't usually let my kids touch them.  We used beans to outline the turkey, rice on the bones, a red gem for the cherry or tomato on the top of the turkey, we used yellow stickles on the pineapple ring and the butter on the baked potatoes, the baked potatoes we glued some ground coriander onto, Trinity used some yellow chalk and colored what she said was corn, orange strips of paper were glued on for the carrots, and then some green stickles for the peas.  We used some black chalk for the platter.  We made kind-of a frame around it with a black marker and some different colored eyelets.  I pulled out some old alphabet stickers for her to use for her name on the top.



Thanks for visiting today, let me know what you think, I know Trinity would love to read your comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, taking a peek, and leaving a comment or two!