Monday, February 18, 2019

I'm over the MOON for you!

Hello, today I am sharing with you what I made for my son's 3rd grade class for Valentines. I know Valentines is over, but it's still February!!  I had so much fun making these cute tags and putting together these bags of goodies. 

I was so happy when my son said he wanted a space theme this year, I got to use the Space Explorer stamp set from My Favorite Things for the first time since I got it!


These little astronauts turned out so adorable. I colored them just the way he wanted me to. When I asked him what color he wanted his space suit to be he said Red, with blue accents. I used some crayola and other no name brand pencils for the coloring. I don't use my really good Prismacolor pencils for the little kids, they just throw things like this in the garbage. Most people wouldn't have shaded and done as much detail as I did, but I figured it was great practice! I want to improve in my coloring so I went all in on 25 of these little astronauts!  



I used the Falling Stars Stencil from Simon Says Stamp with a white pencil to add some light stars in the background for a simple galaxy. I added a moon on the bottom of the circle tag with some scrap gray paper that I had in my stash, using a gray pencil I lightly added some moon craters to give it more detail and hopefully make it look more like the moon. I stamped my sentiment on it with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink


I used the coordinating dies of the stamp set to cut out my astronauts and adhered them with Tombow Mono Multi glue, I punched a small hole and tied it to the bag of goodies (milky way candy bars, 2 glow sticks, and a pencil with  a fun star eraser topper) with some red ribbon. 

I love how they turned out, and hope I get to play with this stamp set again, it has the cutest images in it! 


Thanks for visiting, have a great day and happy crafting!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, taking a peek, and leaving a comment or two!