Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Love gives us a Fairytale!

Good evening to you all, I hope you had a wonderful day today. Tonight I want to share with you a card that I think turned out pretty cute!
Sorry for the bad lighting, it was a gloomy day and not the best for photographing the card, but I had to get this post up so that I can participate in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge that ends tomorrow morning! The theme is Have a Heart and they are showcasing My Favorite Things products. I was so excited because I actually have a couple of stamp sets from MFT!!


With this card, I practiced my water coloring and tried my hand at creating a scene with the most adorable images from My Favorite Things. These stamp sets are so much fun, I just got them a little bit ago and couldn't wait to play with them. I look forward to many more projects with these super cute images. 


I had so much fun making this card, it took me quite a while since I am new at building scenes and don't have that much experience with watercolor, but it is one of my favorite mediums to use, it's so relaxing.


Supplies: 
Canson XL cold press watercolor paper
I actually just used some simple Crayola Watercolor Paints
(I am saving up to get me some good paints like Daniel Smith or Dr. Ph Martin's.) 
Silver Black Velvet brushes in size 2 and 6
Simon Says Stamp Love & Quotes stamp set
I used my Misti from My Sweet Petunia for all the stamping
Versafine Onyx black ink
Clear embossing powder (for the sentiment)
I used the Outside in Stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn to cut out my panel
Be Creative Tape was used to adhere the panel to the card base
The card base is made from Neenah 80 lb classic crest solar white cardstock
Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in 4mm clear, 6 mm clear, 4 mm pink blush, 6 mm pink blush, 4 mm pink peonies, 6 mm orchid
I adhered the sequins using a Marvy Jewel Picker and Ranger Multi Medium Matte 
I used a Clear Wink of Stella brush pen to add a little shimmer to her dress, and the castle; I used a silver Wink of Stella pen for the Knight's sword. 

I created links to some of the products that are still available to the company websites. Most of the products I used can be found on Amazon, at Simon Says Stamp, Ellen Hutson, and many more online stores

Thank you for stopping by, I hope I sparked a little creativity in you! Happy Crafting!!



1 comments:

Lin said...

Nicely done! That's a great sentiment, and I love your little sequin flowers! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, taking a peek, and leaving a comment or two!